Friday, May 12, 2017

Teaching Moments

Parenting, for me, is a glimpse into what God, our Heavenly Father, goes through with each one of us. His joy, and His pain. We are his children, and as I watch my children learn and grow, I can't help but think of how He is watching me as his child.

This morning, as we walked my son to school and then turned and faced the bright morning sun to walk home. It was so bright that my daughter covered her eyes and said "Guide me home Mommy. I'll walk in your shadow. Guide me home."

So trusting.

I couldn't help but draw a parallel between her trust in me to guide her home when she couldn't see and how our Father is always there to guide us home if we put our trust in Him. Children are so innocent and loving. They have a perfect faith. Yet, it is our responsibility to teach them to walk in the light. We just need to put our hand in God's, and trust Him to guide us through this journey. It was never meant to be made alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment